For the past two years, I have had the opportunity to attend Leadercast NKY. The simulcast is hosted live in Atlanta, GA and was broadcast at 800+ host sites in over 35 countries around the world. Over 100,000 leaders gathered in May of 2015 globally to listen and share thoughts around bold leadership and bravery #TheBraveOnes.
Each speaker shed light on the topic of leading with bravery and below are thoughts and quotes I found most inspirational and convicting throughout the day.
- “Bold leaders refuse to be cowed by how. ‘WOW!’ Not ‘how’” – Andy Stanley
When someone in the organization or family presents an idea, bold leaders respond with WOW and don’t let the idea die by asking ‘how will we afford this?’ or ‘how is this possible?’ How is a bad habit; we should be responding with WOW instead!
- “Fear and bravery are dependent on each other. You can’t have brave moments without fear.” – CMDR Rorke Denver
- “Do not avoid pain, lean into it. Embrace it as a growth opportunity.” – CMDR Rorke Denver
- “What are you waiting for? If we want to bring change we need to step forward.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Anyone who waits for someone else to initiate the change automatically becomes a follower.” – Peyton Manning
- “Be someone others will follow, even when other people are going the other direction.” – Peyton Manning
- “It is always too soon for a new idea. We can be prepared but we can never be ready.” – Seth Godin
- “To be successful, you need to be brave enough to do something new.” – Ed Catmull
- “All great leaders have one thing in common: we have learned to diminish the fear of failure.” – Aja Brown
- “To change the image you need to change the reality.” – Rudy Giuliani
Originally written and published by the team at Centennial, Inc., a talent strategy and executive search firm at http://www.centennialinc.com/